Coronary Care Unit – CCU
Coronary Care Unit
Coronary Care Unit dedicated to the care of critically ill cardiac patients with a capacity of 10 beds. It specializes in treating various cardiac conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment such as heart attacks, unstable angina and cardiac dysrhythmia.
Istishari Arab Hospital cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have a long experience treating people with conditions of the heart, arteries and veins.
Cardiologists and cardiac surgeons work with a team of doctors trained in many areas to determine the most appropriate treatment for the patient individual needs.
- Monitoring the cardiac rhythm by electrocardiography continuously
- Performing Invasive monitoring such as with pulmonary artery catheters
- Providing health care to patients with acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock, or post-operative “open-heart” patients.
- Providing health care to patients who require cardiac telemetry, such as those with unstable angina.
- Diagnosing and treating heart attacks that may result from:
- High Blood Pressure
- Excessive Alcohol Intake
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Poor Diet